Experienced and Trained Wood Restoration Experts
Mike’s Exterior Home Care can turn your deck into a showplace. We can clean and stain any deck or patio! Large or small decks, one, two, or three story decks, pine, cedar, or pressure treated decks, old or new decks. There isn’t a deck or patio that we can’t make shine! We can apply acrylic stains or oil stains. We have the experience, training and equipment. Contact us now and let us make your deck a showplace to remember!
One of every Two homes in Georgia has a wooden deck, fence, gazebo or a dock. All of that wood takes a beating from the elements 365 days a year. The sun dries out the wood, while rain saturates it and fungus and algae assault it. Failure to maintain your wood will result in a slippery, ugly, splintered, warped and dilapidated surface. Don’t let this happen to your property. Let Mike’s help you and get a FREE ONLINE ESTIMATE NOW!
Deck Stripping & Restoration
10 Reasons Why You Need to Have Your Deck Restored
- To prevent rot and decay of the wood fiber and slow down the destruction of the decay of unprotected wood.
- To keep wood-boring carpenter bees from drilling into the unprotected wood.
- To stop the damaging effects of UV rays from drying out the wood and causing the wood to split and crack.
- To slow down the absorption of water in to the decking, which will cause black spots if left unclean.
- To stop the build-up of mold and algae on the decking which can lead to accidents.
- The deck will last years longer by maintaining it regularly. Learn More
- Cleaning your deck will make it look like NEW!!!
- You can entertain more often outdoors and enjoy your deck weekly when it looks appealing.
- The value of your home is enhanced when a deck is taken care of.
- A stained deck can compliment or detract from your home’s appeal to potential buyers.
Mike’s 9 Steps to a Properly Restored Deck
- We will a provide a guaranteed written estimate of all work to be done.
- We remove all furniture, thermometers, tables, grills, etc., to a safe place in the yard.
- We gently wash your deck with a deck cleaner, NOT BLEACH.
- Next the wood is brightened with a neutralizing agent to prepare it for a stain.
- After several days drying, the moisture content is checked so the wood will absorb the stain properly.
- If necessary, we will sand any handrails and seats.
- Before staining, we protect all plants and shrubs by wetting and covering anything that could be covered or killed by the stain.
- We then seal/stain your deck with an oil based stain, which we warrant against peeling or cracking. The stain provides protection against moisture and UV damage for up to 2 years.
- We install a new rain gauge and place all furniture back in place.
Top 7 Common Deck Mistakes Homeowners Make
- Thinking Thompson’s Waterseal will adequately protect their deck.
- Using bleach and pressure to clean a deck.
- Sealing mildew, mold and fungus between the wood and the stain.
- Putting the wrong product on their deck.
- Thinking a new deck does not need to be cleaned before staining.
- Buy cheap stains and expecting prolonged protection.
- Hiring a contractor based solely on price, who has no knowledge or training in wood restoration.